Thursday 31 March 2011

Evaluation Question 3

What have you learned from your audience feedback?

Below is the video I created for question 3 of the evaluation.



Here is the script I used for question 3:

The following clip shows me asking two of my class mates a few questions on my music video.

From the footage, you can see that it received positive feedback from my peers. I collected feedback from a total of 42 people, and created graphs so it is clear to see my feedback. Overall, I achieved mostly 3's and 4's for each question.

I was interested to see what comments people wrote about my film and what they thought I could do to improve. One person said 'It would be better if you chose more of a vaired choice of locations'. I feel like this is a fair comment, as although I used different parts of the house and a few outside shots, the start of the narrative is filmed at the same place which may slightly effect the continuity of my video.

One person also gave me a 1 for the question 'How clear was the meaning?', but 25 people gave me a 4, which shows that my music video may not be to all musical tastes.

Other comments I received were 'good use of special effects', 'I loved all the shot edits with different transitions', 'good source of fun', and 'straight to the point, meaning shone through'. I am of course very happy with these comments and am pleased that the majority of people liked my video.

Here are a few graphs showing feedback I received for the question 'Was the lighting appropriate?', 'How varied were the shots?' and 'Was there appropriate use of special effects?' The questions were rated 1 to 4, with 1 being the lowest and 4 being the highest. As you can see, my feedback has been quite positive.

The majority rated the appropriatness of the lighting as a 3, with 4 being second highest.
20 people rated the variety of my shots as a 4, while only 5 rated it as a 2.
And finally, 24 people rated the special effects as a 3.

From analysing my feedback, it is clear to see that although my film received positive feedback, there were areas where I could have improved, such as the variation of my locations.

Overall, I am very happy with the feedback I received.

No comments:

Post a Comment